May 11, 2006

Medically Speaking

How is everyone? Hope all is well! I had a doctor appointment with a doctor that is going to get me set up on a CPAP machine (OOHHH GOODY!) now I am going to type out what the sleep study report said, if you can understand it GREAT if not that's okay neither did I, I had a doctor explain! Okay here it goes :

"During the 9.2 hours or recorded sleep time, 100% tabulated, there were 156 apnea's, 79 obstructive, 7 central and 70 mixed. The Obstructive Sleep Apnea index is 16. There were 239 hypopneas and the RDI is 43. There is 47minutes of hypoxemia and significant bradycardia.

This study is consistent with SEVERE Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndeome with hypoxemia and bradycardia."

It sounded scary when I was being told about it, even though I know many people have worst cases it is hard to cope with especially when this was just a loop to get to gastric bypass, one of those "yeah, but they wont find anything its just a test i have to do". I get scared to go to bed, but the doctor said that probably by the end of next week I will have a CPAP machine. God "CPAP" sounds so old person like. It does make it good for the letter that will be written to insurance because now I have 2 out of the 3 serious comorbites they mention at the Stanford website. That my update for now, i will have so much more to write about on the 26th! Everyone take care!

LOVE ALWAYS,
KYLIE

No comments: