April 28, 2006

Sleep Apnea and Approval

How is everyone doing? I'm doing fine, still in shock but I'm doing okay. Sorry I haven't written, like I said I've been in shock.

So two days ago I have a call from Dr. Nauenberg (PCP) saying that my sleep study tests came back and I had an "markedly" abnormal sleep study. She also said I have significant sleep apnea, and that I get more carbon monoxide then oxygen at night. Me, my parents and her were all shocked because I never showed any signs of sleep apnea, but it is a good thing we found this out because this is just another thing to add to the letter that will be written by Dr Peebles and staff and sent to insurance. If you were to go to the website of LPCH (link is to the right) you would see that I have 2 of the 3 serious comorbidities they list. Now I am not sure what is going on I will have to be reminded by my mom, but I have to get a CPAP machine for those of you that don't know what that is to my understanding it is a machine that you have to sleep with at night it has a mask that goes over your nose and mouth and forces oxygen through. I could be saying that wrong but that is what I understand it is. I have read that is it hard to get use to but once you have for awhile you get use to it and it is no big deal. Just sucks when I think of CPAP a teenager is defiantly not my first thought. How about some good news whatcha think?

You all know that crap this happening with the Psych. evaluation . Well, Erin e-mailed my mom 2 days ago telling her that HealthNet (insurance) has changed something and didn't tell us and that she will be sending another letter of approval through... YESTERDAY I was told I am approved for a one time visit with Dr. Eisenberg!!! YAY! I am so happy about this now we don't have to go through the insurance list, we don't have to pay the outrageous 701 dollars!!! I believe this is the only test that was holding me back and now that I have already been approved the only thing standing in my way is WHEN my appointment will be with Dr. Eisenberg. Which on Tuesday we will be able to make an appointment, but she might have a wait list so we are just praying keeping our fingers crossed that it is not to bad. God that would suck going to make an appointment and hearing next think available is in JUNE OR JULY!! I'm not really nervous about it people have been telling me that they don't think it will be a problem for me, so I hope they are right!

Man, I am taking this death and dying class, it's only for one weekend (April 29th and 30th) but it is from 8:30-5:40!!! THAT'S FREAKING LLOOONNNGGG! Interested course though, here is a description that give in the catalog "In-depth exploration of attitudes towards death, dying, and bereavement including psychosocial development, life-threatening illness, and survivor issues." Sounds neat huh? Well everyone its cold and I smell like a Santa Cruz Downtown bum! Time to hit the showers!
Take care!
Lots of love,
Kylie

No comments: